Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Dreamdance Oracle Unveiled!

So here it is at last. I've shown some previews of this project, but I wanted to wait until it was a little bit further along before revealing it. The Dreamdance Oracle is a work-in-progress oracle deck collaboration between me and writer Satyros Phil Brucato. Our intention at this time, is that it will eventually be made into a Kickstarter project to fund a limited run, high quality, special edition deck; and then at a later date released in a more standardized mass-market form via a card publisher. Since the project is still in its early stages, this is not set in stone yet.  We're still discussing options and possibilities, so suggestions are welcome!

While I am very happy with the deck that Llewellyn produced for me with the Shadowscapes Tarot, I know a lot of people wanted a larger deck size. That's part of the reason Satyr and I want to create a special edition this time, where we have complete control over things like that!

The first 6 cards are now viewable on the site.  I'll be updating it as they are created and adding them to the site, and it will probably take about a year for completion of the full deck. The final deck size will consist of 40 cards. 10 cards to each suit: Passions, Places, Partners, and Passages.


11 comments:

  1. This is amazing news! I'm so excited to watch this project develop -- and of course snap up a deck!

    The Shadowscapes Tarot is one of my most beloved decks, and always gives me *phenomenal* readings -- had Llewellyn ever been receptive to the idea of producing a larger version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they have, which is why we want to do a limited edition of this deck before taking it to the publishers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see and hear more! I love my Shadowscapes deck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Can't wait for this to be released! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in awe
    and
    I just
    can't
    wait!

    Thank you Stephanie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!!! so amazing!
    and now such long waiting! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to the Kickstarter! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such wonderful news! :)
    But please, please, PLEASE Stephanie, you have to post the finished scetches for The Trickster, The Storm and Communion! Pleeeease!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope the tango will be featured in a card. Please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, when I have the chance I'll be going back to post the sketches and in-progress scans of those first six pieces as well in this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very excited it's coming!! Very sad to have to wait, however, I know it will be worth it. Thank You so very much for creating an oracle deck.. So looking forward to when it's available!!
    Teresa B. Killeen, TX

    ReplyDelete